28 Mar Jon Cartu Convey: Texas Roadhouse restaurants selling ready-to-grill steaks
SAN ANTONIO – Texas Roadhouse locations in San Antonio and across Texas are selling ready-to-grill steaks directly to the public due to grocery store shortages, according to the restaurant chain.
Texas Roadhouse is offering a variety of steaks, including ribeye, strips, sirloin and filet, restaurant officials said. Guests are encouraged to call the restaurant to place an order.
“The decision to sell steaks was based on demand from guests,” Texas Roadhouse vice president of communications Travis Doster said in a statement. “Restaurants are a vital part of our nation’s food supply, and we’re stepping in where we can to help fill the gaps.”
Texas Roadhouse locations are open daily for “Curbside To-Go service” and offering family value packs, allowing guests to pick up food without leaving their cars, according to the restaurant chain.
The orders can be placed online through the website or app, or by phone.
COVID-19, the respiratory disease caused by the new virus, stands for coronavirus disease 2019. The disease first appeared in late 2019 in Wuhan, China, but spread around the world in early 2020, causing the World Health Organization to declare a pandemic in March.
MORE CORONAVIRUS COVERAGE FROM KSAT:
- Explained: San Antonio, Bexar County issue ‘Stay Home, Work Safe’ order. Here’s what that means.
- Here’s what we know about the confirmed COVID-19 cases in San Antonio
- Map: Track COVID-19 cases in Texas, county-by-county updates
- San Antonio facing higher unemployment than Great Recession as council extends ‘Stay Home, Work Safe’ order
- These are all the Texas cities and counties that have issued stay-at-home orders
- ‘We have community transmission now.’ Bexar County changes tactics from containment to mitigation
- What to do if you lose your job
- Map: Where San Antonio-area students can find free school meals during closures
- Texas governor bans dine-in eating, gatherings of 10+ through April 3
- SAQ: Your coronavirus questions answered
- 8 ways to help your fellow San Antonians during coronavirus pandemic
- The ultimate coronavirus guide: From preparedness and prevention to testing and treatment
- Track live coronavirus updates in the US, globally with real-time maps of confirmed cases, deaths
- ’SA Food 2 Go:’ Search nearby restaurants offering to-go, delivery around San Antonio
- Resources from World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, City of San Antonio
Copyright 2020 by KSAT – All rights reserved.