08 Apr Jon Cartu Stated: How to find cherry blossom furniture recipes and catch cher…
Tips on finding the cherry blossom recipes in New Horizons.
It’s cherry blossom season in Animal Crossing: New Horizons and that means it’s time to collect the cherry blossom furniture set.
You can craft these sakura themed pieces of furniture by collecting the cherry blossom petals floating around your island.
The only problem is that you have to find the DIY recipes for these pieces of furniture first!
On this page:
Cherry blossom season dates in Animal Crossing: New Horizons explained
Cherry blossom season is when the leaves of regular trees on your island in New Horizons bloom with pink flowers. Fruit, palm and cedar trees will all remain the same. It also happens to coincide with the Bunny Day celebrations.
The Cherry blossom season start date is on April 1st and the end date is April 10th.
You’ll be able to find DIY recipes for the cherry blossom set and cherry-blossom petals will float around your island throughout this time period.
How to catch cherry blossom petals in Animal Crossing: New Horizons explained
Once you’ve managed to find a cherry blossom DIY recipes, you’re going to need to find the cherry blossom petals to craft it.
You’ll easily be able to find cherry blossom petals floating around your island. Once you’ve found a petal, grab a hold of your Net and catch the petal just like it was a regular bug.
Be careful though – the cherry blossom petal will vanish if you miss it. Thankfully, more petals will already be floating around your island.
How to find cherry blossom DIY recipes in Animal Crossing: New Horizons explained
Isabelle will begin cherry blossom season in New Horizons by giving you the DIY recipes for the Outdoor picnic set during her morning briefing. You’ll find this recipe ready and waiting for you in the DIY Recipes app on your Nook Phone.
Finding the rest of the recipes, however, is up to you.
Cherry blossom DIY recipes will appear randomly in the balloons, which float across your island. No matter the colour of the balloon, as long as you safely shoot it down, then there’s a chance that it will contain a cherry blossom DIY recipe.
Animal Crossing Cherry Blossom recipe list: How many are there?
There are, including the Outdoor picnic set, 14 cherry blossom DIY recipes for you to find in New Horizons, which are:
- Blossom-viewing lantern
- Cherry-blossom bonsai
- Cherry-blossom branches
- Cherry-blossom clock
- Cherry-blossom flooring
- Cherry-blossom petal pile
- Cherry-blossom pochette
- Cherry-blossom pond stone
- Cherry-blossom umbrella
- Cherry-blossom wall
- Cherry-blossom wand
- Outdoor picnic set
- Sakura-wood flooring
- Sakura-wood wall
Animal Crossing: New Horizons has arrived!
After you’ve set up character customisation, your island name and chosen the correct season for your hemisphere, it’s time to get to work on your new holiday life. Thankfully, we have some Animal Crossing New Horizons tips for that.
There is fish to catch (including Stringfish and Sturgeon), bugs to catch, Bamboo, flowers and fruit to grow, hairstyles to unlock, villagers to add, shooting stars to wish upon, tools to craft (such as the new ladder and vaulting pole), materials (such Iron and Gold Nuggets) to find, Tarantulas to catch, wasp stings to avoid and Nook Miles and Bells to make, and of course, a house, museum and most importantly, the town hall and Isabelle to unlock where you can change the Town Tune.
You can also meet Gulliver and Wisp on your travels.
Finally – you can take part in multiplayer, download QR code designs, complete your activities ahead of the Animal Crossing daily reset time, use amiibo and learning about the upcoming Bunny Day Easter event and Cherry blossom event.
Tips for finding cherry blossom DIY recipes in Animal Crossing: New Horizons explained
Finding cherry blossom DIY recipes in New Horizons can be rather tricky, due to how they can only be found in balloons.
We’ve uncovered a number of tips that will help you collect these recipes (though it may still take you a while):
- Depending on the wind, balloons will appear on either the west or east coast of your island. Balloon will never emerge from the north or south coast. This means that you can easily figure out which coast balloons are more likely to appear from and then patrol this beach, until the wind changes.
- A new balloon is more likely to spawn during a minute that ends with a ‘4’ or a ‘9’. For example, 1:44pm or 9:09am. Due to this you can leave your Nintendo Switch sitting, until you need to pick up the game for your balloon hunt.
- Use headphones or have the volume set to max. You’ll be able to hear a whistling sound whenever a balloon is flying near to you. This noise can be rather hard to hear, so it’s a good idea to have your volume turned up.
- Point your camera at the sky. If you’re planning on staying in one spot to wait for balloons, then it’s a good idea to have your camera pointed at the sky. This will allow you to see any oncoming balloons. If you’re moving around your island, then have the camera set so that you can still see the sky. You might just catch a glimpse of a balloon.
- Bring multiple slingshots. You’re going to be shooting down a lot of balloons and, trust me, I mean a lot. To save time running between the beach and the nearest DIY bench bring multiple slingshots for when the one you’re using inevitably breaks.
- Be careful where you shoot down the balloon! If you shoot the balloon down over water or onto rocks, then you’ll lose the present. Always make sure you’re shooting the present down onto nice, safe, flat land. Don’t always trust the shadow for the balloon either; it may be on land, but the present could still be floating over water.
Good luck on your hunt for the cherry blossom DIY recipes!