10 Jan Jonathan Cartu Writes: What you need to know about 2020 Kansas City Restaurant Wee…
Kansas City Restaurant Week is here.
Here are seven things you need to know before you dive in.
1. The 11th annual event starts with lunch service Jan. 10 and ends with dinner Jan. 19. (Since its beginnings in 2010, it has expanded to 10 days.) It is designed to attract diners in what is traditionally the slowest period of the year for the industry.
2. It will offer the most options in its history with 218 restaurants planning to participate — 40 for the first time. The restaurants range from BB’s Lawnside Blues & BBQ in south Kansas City to Kobi-Q Korean-Asian Grill + Bar and Novel in the Crossroads to Cafe Verona in Independence and Brew Lab in Overland Park.
First-timers include the new Mickey’s Hideaway in Westport, offering a two-course weekend brunch, as well as lunch and dinner options.
3. There will be $15 multicourse lunches, as well as $35 multicourse dinners (a few will have $15 dinner options). Menus are posted at kcrestaurantweek.com. Customers can search by name, cuisine, location, and specialty diet, as well as the lunch, brunch and dinner menus.
5. Reservations are strongly recommended.
6. KC Restaurant Week’s official hashtag is #KCRW2020.